Monday, May 31, 2010

Smirk-worthy Books

I recently received a review for Between recently that was so right on, I had to share it with you.

"I always know when I am reading a good romance novel because I will start smirking, whether all alone or in public. Well, you've got me smirking! Especially, about the kilt! ... I would definitely buy it and have my boyfriend wondering what I am smirking about!"

The review was longer than I've posted here, but the part that's stuck with me over the last few weeks since I read it is the bit about smirking (hence the name of this post). It's true, but I hadn't ever realized it before she pointed it out. I do smirk when I'm reading a good romance novel. Actually, a good chick-lit novel gets me smirking, too.

The latest smirk-worthy book I've read is Sophie Kinsella's The Undomestic Goddess. It's the second I've read of hers (the first was Can You Keep A Secret?) and I enjoyed them both tremendously. In particular, I loved the sex scene in 'Goddess'. It was more about the buildup than about the sex, more about the emotions than the deed. It definitely had me smirking.

What about you? Read any smirk-worthy books lately? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. I never realized it until you pointed it out...but I smirk too when I'm reading a good romance. What's that all about? I dunno! Must be an indication that I'm enjoying myself!

    Julie Johnson
    busywriting.net

    ReplyDelete